At Austin Powder we recognize that every day is a new day, bringing a fresh set of circumstances and challenges.
In order to fulfill our mission statement, we give our employees state-of-the-art training that cultivates a sense of watchful responsibility for themselves and one another and empowers them with the authority to stop any activity they deem unsafe. And just as importantly, they are supported by our company culture to make the right safety decisions in every task they do… no matter what. There is nothing in our business that is worth an individual getting hurt.
Our commitment to safety has evolved since we began in 1833 to include our blasting services in the field, in addition to the requirements at our manufacturing and storage facilities. We bring the same level of safety care to the way we drive and maintain our fleet of vehicles and how we manage our equipment underground. Our corporate goal is to be recognized as the safest explosives manufacturer, supplier, and blasting company in the world.
Our Safety Commitment During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Austin Powder is committed to following strict safety protocols to keep our employees and customers safe and healthy.
Safety is OUR FIRST PRIORITY, and that means following Federal, State, and Local safety protocols to keep ALL Austin Powder Employees and Customers safe during the Corona Virus Pandemic.
This document outlines the extra measures Austin Powder is taking to lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure on the job. In addition to following our guidelines, please know that we are committed to following all customer requirements for contractor conduct while on your site.
We know that BREAKING ROCK is essential, and as always, we are committed to helping you get the job done safely.
Safety Is Our 1st Priority
- When we have to make trade-offs between Safety and anything else, we choose to be safe.
- We are learning now that Safety includes vigilance about our hygiene practices and our social habits.
- Maintain social distance even if that means slowing down the process.
- Take time to wipe down surfaces touched and wash hands frequently.
- If you or someone in your family at home does not feel well, you must choose to not go to work.
We are Customer Focused
- Our customers are why we are in business.
- Communicate clearly to your customers what Austin is doing to mitigate risk of exposure in this challenging time.
- Share with them the safety statements above.
- Our customers are taking precautions as well and they are counting on us to help them stay productive in the safest way possible.
We Leverage the Power of Family
- Our greatest assets are our people.
- Austin Powder is a family and we take care of each other like we would our own family.
- Be sure you have solid contact information for every person on your team and check in with them daily.
- Use company communication tools to be informed and to relay up-to-date company information to your teams.
- Ask your team members about their families and if they have everything they need.
We Treat Everyone with Respect
- During this time of high anxiety around the globe, it is important we commit to respecting the opinions, values and beliefs of our employees, our customers and our communities around us.
- Let us go above and beyond to show our respect, care for one another and be as thoughtful as possible to get through this period of stress and uncertainty.
En Austin Powder reconocemos que cada día es un nuevo día, que trae consigo circunstancias y desafíos.
Con el fin de cumplir con nuestra misión, brindamos a nuestros empleados una capacitación de alto nivel que cultiva en ellos un sentido de responsabilidad vigilante por ellos mismos y los demás, y les otorga la autoridad para detener cualquier actividad que consideren insegura. Y, lo que es igual de importante, están respaldados por la cultura de nuestra empresa para tomar las decisiones de seguridad correctas en cada tarea que realizan… sin importar qué sea. No hay nada en nuestro negocio que valga el riesgo de lastimar a una persona.
Vemos a cada persona en cada aspecto de nuestro negocio, como un miembro valioso de nuestra familia donde todos cuidan de sus hermanos y hermanas.
Nuestro compromiso con la seguridad ha evolucionado desde que comenzamos en 1833 para incluir nuestros servicios de voladura en campo, en nuestras fábricas y polvorines, brindamos el mismo nivel de atención de seguridad a la forma en que conducimos y mantenemos nuestra flota de vehículos y cómo administramos nuestros equipos en minas subterráneas. Nuestro objetivo corporativo es ser reconocido como el fabricante, proveedor y contratista de voladuras más seguro del mundo.
Nuestra misión es que cada empleado termine su trabajo al final del día y disfrute de tiempo con su familia y amigos en casa… cada día.